Residential Home Purchases
The purchase of your principal residence is probably one of the biggest investments you will make in your lifetime. You should obtain legal advice to ensure that nothing goes wrong in this very important transaction. Bruce & Birklein Law can assist you both before and after you sign any Purchase Contract.
Assistance with your Contract
Our firm provides legal services in the entire range of real estate matters. We have years of experience helping clients in Calgary, Alberta and surrounding areas, and can guide you in such areas as:
- considering what conditions on the Offer to Purchase meet your circumstances
- determining what fixtures should be included in the contract
- obtaining a current Alberta Land Surveyor’s Real Property Report, with evidence of municipal compliance
- advising you on matters related to insurance and utilities
As your solicitor in this important transaction, Bruce & Birklein Law will:
- complete all the financing paperwork
- complete all searches necessary to protect your interests
- ensure that all financial encumbrances are removed from title
- ensure that the adjustments between the parties is completed at closing
- arrange for the future payment of property taxes
Quality of Service
At Bruce & Birklein Law we take a transparent approach to real estate law, to ensure that you are aware of all costs that will be incurred in your home purchase.
Whether you are a first-time home-buyer, you need to refinance your existing home or you are purchasing a revenue property, we are confident that you will find our lawyers and staff friendly and hands on, providing you comfort that your transaction is being handled in an efficient and professional manner.