Adult Guardianship And Trusteeship Applications
When an adult has difficulty understanding or making decisions, the appointment of an Adult Guardian or Trustee can ensure ongoing support for the represented adult. The need can arise with an aging parent, a relative with a limited understanding of English, a family member who has suffered a brain injury or an adult child with a developmental disability. Whatever circumstance of the represented adult gives rise to need, Bruce & Birklein Law can step in and help.
Helping You Assess The Needs And Facilitate The Process
The decision to seek legal decision-making support can be difficult for both the represented adult and the family. But, many levels of options exist including supported decision-making agreements, co-decision making appointments, and Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship.
Our lawyers understand the sensitive issues related to represented adults. We are here to provide your family with supportive care and legal expertise through the process. After years of experience helping families in Calgary, Alberta, and surrounding areas, we can help you:
- Facilitate a family discussion about needs and circumstances
- Understand the range of available options and what each entails
- Determine the option that best meets the needs of the situation
- Arrange all necessary paperwork and procedures and file the Court application
Once the appointment is made, we can also assist you with:
- Review of applications ordered by the Court to ensure that the arrangement is working well
- Examination and approval of accounts
Get Legal Help To Support A Loved One
If someone close to you needs decision-making support, we can guide you through the options and the process. Feel free to discuss your needs and get answers to your questions in a complimentary consultation. Arrange one today by calling us at 403-879-1912 or by requesting one through our online form. Park for free at our office.