Gaining Fair Treatment In Spousal And Child Support
Spousal and child support are two of the most contentious issues that ex-spouses must face during separation and divorce. Emotions run high, finances are at stake, and the arrangements have long-lasting impact on the lives of all involved. Bruce & Birklein Law wants to act as your advocate and help you pursue an equitable, financially advantageous outcome.
Comprehensive Protection Of Your Rights And Interests
Along with decades of practice in Alberta family law and mediation, Brenda M. Birklein is a Dispute Resolution Officer with the Court of Queen’s Bench. This is a role reserved for senior matrimonial lawyers who voluntarily assist the court with pending support applications.
Drawing on this level of legal knowledge and experience, we can provide you with the guidance and reliable legal advice you need to navigate spousal and child support issues. Our aim is to help you arrive at support arrangements that are fair and in your best interests. We can help you:
- Determine if an entitlement to spousal support exists
- Determine what you can reasonably expect to pay or receive in spousal and child support
- Calculate child support base payments following federal and provincial guidelines
- Ensure that payments reflect all relevant factors and extraordinary expenses
- Understand the tax implications of various payment structures
- Navigate the emotional and practical issues during the process
- With advice for same-sex families
We can also advise you on such post-divorce matters as:
- Steps to take if you encounter problems with enforcement
- Making an application to vary support payments
Get Legal Help To Protect Your Rights And Interests In Support
Let us help you understand all your options and put your support case in the most advantageous direction possible. Come into our Calgary office for a no-charge, no-obligation consultation. Parking is free. Arrange an appointment today by calling us at 403-879-1912 or reaching us through our online contact form.